Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dresser sanded!

...ah! Progressing slow but sure!
Last weekend I took part in the local Relay For Life, so I am finally getting back into the swing of things!
Sanding the dresser was so easy and quick to complete.
There was not much of an old stain to sand off.
A few minor bumps of wear and tear of who knows what, stuck on it. Other than that it was easy.
I love the detail of the old key locks on each drawer!
Unfortunately, whoever had it last, cut some width off of the top side. One end has a nice curve.
The other side is straight.
Hubs figures they cut it to fit against a wall.
I don't have a theory as to why it was a cut.
Either way, I think it gives the dresser character and helps to tell a story about it.
I got it moved into the livingroom and have decided to play it between my livingroom window and patio door.
Perfect spot for the size of it!
The next question is, paint it?
Stain it?
All three drawers left in, two drawers taken out?
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I vote for painting it. It has beautiful lines. I'd love to happen upon a dresser just like it!

    ReplyDelete